Thursday 18 October 2012

Cinematic Spaces:The Wonderful City of OZ

These sketches are inspired by crystals to create interesting structures for the wonderful city of Oz

 1-2
3-4



5-6


7-8

9-10
11
These are street lamps inspired by old film lights,I thought about adding these into the scene because it references to everything being a performance. The mighty Oz is a fake just pretending to be great to Dorothy and her companions.


I took my original images that were inspired my crystals into photoshop to create structures for the Wonderful City of Oz. I imagine these structures as buildings in my city , and I want to use these in my layouts of the landscape to enhance the world city of oz for my final piece.
12
 13
 14
 15
 16
 17
18
19
20
 21
 22
23
 24
 25
26
 27

 28
These thumbnails were created before i made the structures. I think that the structures will help me figure out the landscape of the Wonderful City of Oz better.
29
                                   
                                                                              30

4 comments:

  1. From 12 to 28 I really like how you created the textures and how each separate idea has unusual and obscure shapes within them. The different shades and colours are also really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely 'crystal' images, Peta-gaye - but you'll need to strike a balance between the crystalline structures and more obviously 'man-made', architectural elements - so it reads as an actual city, not simply a naturally occurring landmass. So, perhaps, rationalise some of those crystalline shapes into architectural elements that you can perhaps repeat to create your cityscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about making some of these crystals into buildings by adding windows and doors I even saw some of them as sky scrapers

      Delete