Monday, 31 March 2014

UV mapping The lazy character

As I UV mapped the character I was trying to get  the individual components to fit the uv grid  as I went along but eventually  had to reconnect the body as one piece again which meant that all of the pieces will have to fit on the Uv Grid. I enlarged the snapshot to 4096 to ensure the image would not pixilate.  








Friday, 28 March 2014

Modelling progression - Finished Models

The mesh had some extr a geometry added to all of their faces to help support the structure of their cheeks and beak, below is the final outcome of the characters.

The Greedy Character 



The Happy Character 



The Lazy Character 






Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Modelling Progression- Completed happy character






The Happy character is now a girl and I hope that the addition of eyelashes is enough to change her gender. 

Character Sheets

Character sheets for the three characters, I tried to get the personality of the characters to come across because they are very different and I wanted that to show in their body language and how they use their bodies.

I think that I have been able to capture the happy character correctly but I think the greedy character needs to be alot more grumpy and should always  have food in his possesion. I am currently in the process of doing the sheet for the lazy character and I will be uploading that sheet soon.

After my tutorial The characters are going to go through some small changes, the happy character is now a female character so I will be adding eyelashes to her design. and the Greedy character will be growing in size so that he is plumper than the others.

The greedy character 

The greedy Character

I think in sheet two I have been able to capture  the direction the Greedy character will be going in with bigger cheeks and  more of  a rounded body, like in the sitting position of him munching on some leaves. 

The Happy character 

Modelling progression- Completed Lazy character


The Feet

Failed foot 

Failed foot 

I had to redo the foot because the geometry was not flowing correctly and that left thefoot with alot of problems above is the new foot that flows alot better into the geometry of the leg.

The Arm and Hands 



The Tail 


Completed Lazy character 







Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Modelling Progression


Modelled Lower and Upper Torso 

I had to attch the head to the body because He had to have the same number of edges running vertically down the model. Affter attaching the body I Could then figure out where I needed to place the holes for the arms 

Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Sunday, 16 March 2014