Thursday 28 February 2013

Research on music

When researching blues music I learnt a lot about the other genres that the blues influences like Jazz and Rhythm and blues. The blues refers to the blue devils referring to a melancholy feeling. The videos below are both associated the blues the first one is Bessie Smith a Blues singer from the 1920's although it has the blues feel it sounds a bit too depressing for the sound i'm looking for to influence my animation. The second video is rhythm and blues and its very lively and upbeat and my character isn't extremely cheerful so I want something that's a mixture of both.  I think that the third video is a mixture of both with this leading female singer who's very petite with a large voice. The song isn't sad the music gives it that blues feel and she's also so petite but has a large  voice that I'm interested in that for my animation. The last video is Etta James with a jazz and blues song, its such a beautiful song but has a upbeat vibe while having that blues feel.

Video 1


Video 2


Video 3


Video 4


No comments:

Post a Comment